VEJA sneakers are synonymous with clean, classic, contemporary style and now more than ever are being seen on the feet of fashion’s most influential. Look right below for great deals on new VEJA sneakers!
Are VEJA sneakers true to size?
Generally, VEJA sneakers are true to size, so we would recommend going for your typical size, however each style may fit your foot differently. As with most leather footwear, it may take a few wears to mould to the unique shape of your foot. If you are in between two sizes, we suggest choosing the smaller size.
Are VEJA sneakers leather?
VEJA produce both leather and non-leather sneakers, with one VEJA style out of four being 100% vegan. Unlike other retailers, VEJA are working on two major methods of production to improve the quality and composition of their sneakers. VEJA are dedicated to ensuring their leather does not come from the Amazon nor from an area that was deforested for cattle farming. When producing leather sneakers, animal skins are treated chemically in a process called tanning to ensure that they don’t deteriorate over time. Unfortunately, the process of tanning puts a huge strain on the environment, with excessive amounts of wastewater produced for every ton of tanned leather created. Not only is this, but through tanning, pollutants such as chromium, lead, mercury and various other pathogens are released consequently polluting the environment.
Are VEJA Vegan?
VEJA has a variety of vegan sneakers, including the Nova White, Nova Canvas, Wata, SDU Rec, Flannel, B-Mesh and Rio Branco. Of the 81 styles designed last year, 20 are completely vegan. Another fundamental pillar that VEJA is built on is fair trade. The brand work directly with farmers in Peru and Brazil to agree contracts and prices for their organic cotton before a single seed has been planted. Alternative materials such as tilapia and experiments with chrome-free suede, leathers and wild rubber are also in the pipe line to develop the sustainability of the brand.
Where are VEJA Sneakers Made?
Ever since day one, VEJA sneakers have been manufactured in the state of Rio Grande do Sul in southern Brazil. 40% of employees live at the factory while the other 60% live in nearby cities.